Thursday, September 3, 2009

Priming

Tonight I spent some time sealing off the airflow between the garage and the rest of the house using plastic sheeting.
The last time I was priming the odor went right through the house, and lasted all day, definitely want to avoid that.
Then went to apply some primer...
The primer i am using is from spray cans of Zinc Oxide from Aircraft Spruce, and it's plenty frustrating, the temperature is cooler now than when i was priming the vertical stabilizer and the can clogs up so much that it is unusable. I need to find a better way....
.
.
.
Ok, I went out to try one more time after reading various tips about how to clean the nozzle, but not much changed.
Then I tried a can of the self-etching primer 'dupli-color' brand which i had picked up at an automotive store, man, what a difference, the spray nozzle is different, the ball in the can also seems a bit different, and the result is an easy, smooth application, I'll do a bit more research, but it looks like i've found a winner with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment